Saturday, June 15, 2013

Suarez Not Thinking About Leaving

Wantaway striker Luis Suarez says all is focus is on his country for now.

The 26-year-old has spoken of his desire to leave Merseyside to go somewhere where he is more valued.

He is currently at the Confederations Cup and good displays there could entice clubs to come in for him, but he insists that is not his main aim.

"I've come to the Confederations Cup with my mind on Uruguay and not thinking about how it can help me with a transfer,” he told Skysports.

“My only goal is to win the trophy.”

Suarez is currently serving a ten-match domestic ban in England for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic, and he added:

"I have done things wrong, but I have recognized my mistakes and apologized. Obviously I would love to be valued more for my performances and not for one-off incidents.

"For example, I am proud to be just one goal away from drawing level with my country's top goalscorer, (Diego) Forlan, and long may he continue to hold that record. If I do break it, I will be humble in my celebrations."

No comments: