Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Reds Looking To Land Cissokho

Left-back Aly Cissokho has long been linked with a move to England and TalkSPORT are reporting that Liverpool might be the club to finally make it happen.

The U.K. based radio station quote the defender as saying: "In the second part of the season I don't have as much playing time, unlike the first.

"Are English clubs my future? I am proud that my name is matched with these clubs but I'm fine here. I just hope to play more.

"Liverpool? I have never hidden that the Premier League is the league that attracts me the most. It's pleasing to see my name linked to that of the Reds. They're a great club, and not just anyone can wear that shirt. For now, however it is just rumours."

The French international, who is of Senegalese decent, currently plies his trade in La Liga for Valencia after joining the Spaniards from Lyon last summer.

After a bright start to life at the Mestalla, Cissokho fell out of favour during the second half of last season and now it appears he could be on the move again.

The 25-year-old originally made his name during a brief spell at Porto in 2009 where he won a league and cup double.

A €15million move to Milan was then agreed before the player failed a medical and subsequently joined Lyon instead.

Back in France, Cissokho made in excess of 125 appearances during three full seasons before making the move to Spain.

At the time, Liverpool's Merseyside neighbours Everton were heavily linked with the player as a possible replacement for Leighton Baines but, thankfully for the Toffees, Baines eventually remained at Goodison Park despite the overtures of Manchester United.

Online speculation puts Cissokho's current market value at around the £7million mark.

No comments: