Sunday, June 09, 2013

Lovren Coy On Liverpool Link

Lyon defender Dejan Lovren insists he is not looking to leave the Ligue 1 side in the wake of reported interest from Liverpool.

The 23-year old has established himself as a regular at Lyon since joining from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010 and his performances in France have seen him attract interest from a number of clubs.

Lovren refused to rule out the possibility of a Premier League switch further down the line, but says he has no plans to move on just yet.

"Each player wants to join a big club. I am under contract until 2016, but anything can happen. Anyway, I am in no rush to leave Lyon," he told tportal.hr.

Lovren's team-mate Yoann Gourcuff also played down the possibility of a Lyon exit.

"I have two years remaining on my contract. We will talk in peace. If there are attracted clubs, I don't close the door on anything," the midfielder said to Ouest France.

"But everyone has to agree to it. The most important is to play. But I have to see the project too."

No comments: