Sunday, June 09, 2013

I Chose Liverpool Over Other Clubs, Says Aspas

Spanish forward Iago Aspas claims his heart was always set on Liverpool once the club registered interest ahead of a £7 million move from Celta Vigo.

The 25-year-old, whose 12 goals last season helped Celta narrowly escape relegation, enjoyed a fine debut season in top-flight football, attracting widespread interest throughout Europe.

But he says the combined allure of Liverpool and playing in England easily topped all the other offers he had also received.

"When I heard of Liverpool's interest I did not hesitate even for a minute," Aspas told Marca.

"It is one of the biggest clubs in the world and although I also had offers from Italy and Portugal and other countries I decided that my future was in English football."

The striker, who can also operate out wide, added he was very much looking forward to the next step in his career.

He continued: "I am very calm but at the same time very excited because I am making a very significant step forward in my sporting career."

No comments: