Friday, June 07, 2013

Liverpool Look To Ivan Rakitic

Liverpool is ready to make a move for Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic after he hinted that he wants to leave the club.

The 25 year old arrived at Sevilla in 2011 from Schalke but having finished ninth in La Liga he has admitted that he is unsure on the direction of the club and the Daily Star say he could be on his way to Anfield.

"I have a two-year contract and I'm very satisfied and happy at the club, although it's true that the situation in general is not attractive," he told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti.

"The club has asked me to stay on, they said they wanted to build a new team around me.

"I told them that I want to see what they have done in terms of signings.

"We must build a team which will be better than this season. We will see what happens in the summer."

Brendan Rodgers has had Rakitic watched and could be poised to make a £12m bid.

No comments: