Monday, April 08, 2013

Coutinho Hoping He Will Achieve Great Things With Suarez

Philippe Coutinho is hoping that the partnership between himself and Luis Suarez will lead to the pair achieving great things.

"We always communicate in Spanish on the pitch," said Coutinho. "I spent six months in Spain so I can get by quite well. Suarez is a fantastic player and it's an honour to play with him. Together I hope we achieve great things for Liverpool.

"It is so much easier to play alongside a player like him because he is always on the move, he never stays still.

Coutinho also praised the rest of his teammates for making him feel welcome and now believes that Liverpool should challenge for a Europa League place.

"The South American players are always together at training and we go out for meals together," he added. "I'm quite shy and having players like (Steven) Gerrard and Lucas (Leiva) making me feel welcome, that's a huge boost for me.

"Lucas has been like a father to me. He gave me all the information I needed on how the club worked."

He added: "Liverpool must play for European trophies all the time. It's very important. We will do our utmost in the last few games to get the maximum points in order for us to reach the Europa League."

No comments: