Friday, April 19, 2013

Borini: Rome Derby Is Special

Liverpool striker Fabio Borini admits he’d have “loved to play in the Coppa Italia Rome Derby. It’s not something that happens often.”

The Italian Under-21 international left Roma in the summer, but is still keeping a close eye on his former teammates as they reached the Coppa Italia Final against arch rivals Lazio.

“I would’ve really loved to play in the Coppa Italia Rome Derby. It’s not something that happens often, and it’s a game in which they are fighting for European qualification as well as a trophy,” he told Rete Sport.

“I always watch Roma and often sit down for their games on television. I had a great rapport with the Giallorossi fans, even though I wasn’t there for long, and am happy they still show affection towards me.”

Borini played in the Derby della Capitale, but cannot yet say what it’s like to play in the Merseyside Derby.

“It’s certainly true that in Rome there is more rivalry and the gap between Liverpool and Everton is much clearer than between Roma and Lazio.

“I am not thinking about my future right now. I intend to stay at Liverpool, as I haven’t been able to prove myself here yet due to injuries. I have to show I am worthy of this shirt.”

No comments: