Friday, April 19, 2013

Benitez Excited Ahead Of Anfield Return

Interim Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez is eagerly anticipating his return to Anfield on Sunday afternoon, but insists he wants to leave with all three points.

The Blues won 3-0 at Fulham on Wednesday night with a long range effort from David Luiz and a brace from John Terry and ahead of Sunday’s trip to Anfield the Spaniard admitted he is looking forward to returning to Merseyside.

“Liverpool is where my family live now,” the Spaniard said. “I have been there for six years and have very good memories.

“I cannot hide that I am really pleased to be going there to see a lot of old friends.

“The main thing is to stay in the top three and what I want is to win at Liverpool.

“And after, I wish them all the best and if they can win all their games until the end of the season, which will be fantastic.

“But as a professional, I am sure they will try and win and we will try win.”

Benitez was also full of praise for returning defender John Terry.

“He has to be happy, scoring goals,” Benitez said. “Everyone is.

“It's good for him and the team. I'm really pleased because it was a good performance.

“I prefer these problems [of whether to leave him out]. I told the players before it is important that they have to be ready.

“We have eight or nine games to play and everyone has to be on his toes and ready to play and perform.

“We will try to stay in the top three and we have the Europa League as well. We want to compete in both competitions.”

No comments: