Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Alderweireld Plays Down Liverpool Transfer Talk

Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld has rubbished reports he is interested in a move to Liverpool this summer, but will assess his options.

The 24 year-old was quoted in a Belgian newspaper stating that Liverpool "meets my criteria" earlier in the month, but he claims reports of a switch to Anfield in the summer are wide of the mark.

"I have also read that Liverpool would be interested," Alderweireld told Dutch newspaper Metro.

"I never said Liverpool would be my next club. Nothing is true about that."

Along with Siem de Jong and Christian Eriksen, Alderweireld is expected to leave the Dutch giants this summer, but he insists the club are still very much in his plans.

"Ajax is in every way a fantastic club. We play for prizes every year and we also show good things on a regular basis in Europe," he added.

"After the season I will look at my options. Possibly, I even stay at Ajax."

No comments: