Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nuri Sahin Slams Liverpool Boss

Nuri Sahin has criticized Liverpool manger Brendan Rodgers are he suffered an unhappy loan spell at the club earlier this season.

Sahin joined the Reds from Real Madrid at the start of the season but failed to make an impact at Anfield, managing just 12 appearances before moving back to his former club Borussia Dortmund.

"Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a 10. But I do not play behind the forwards," Sahin told Spanish newspaper AS.

"I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position. The boss could not answer me... still, I am not sorry about it.

"To play in the red jersey and be in Anfield is something marvellous.

"Maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy.

"But I have left Brendan Rodgers, thanks be to God."

Sahin is enjoying his time back at Dortmund where he made his name before moving to the Bernabeu in 2011.

He said, "I feel well physically and mentally, everything is perfect. After returning to Germany, I feel much better."

No comments: