Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ngoo Hopeful Of Winning Place At Liverpool

Hearts striker Michael Ngoo has stated that he hopes to earn a place in his parent club Liverpool's plans for next season.

The promising England youth international has notched three goals in his first four appearances on loan for the Maroons, endearing himself to local fans in the process.

Ngoo is set to start on Sunday against St. Mirren in the Scottish Communities League Cup final, and says he wants to break into the first team at Anfield in the near future.

"Maybe [Liverpool manager] Brendan [Rodgers] might be looking for other things in his team, like height and strength, so hopefully I have done enough to be considered in his plans for next season," he told the club's official website.

"I'm glad that I've been a challenge for very good defenders in my first ever top-flight run. I'm still young, I'm 20, and if I keep working and practicing then I could be a Plan B for Liverpool.

"They have DVDs of all of my performances. Even if they don't get to the game they'll see the DVD and I am always getting texts from the staff at Liverpool."

No comments: