Sunday, February 03, 2013

Suarez Eying Long Stay At Liverpool

Luis Suarez has insists he is feeling at home at Liverpool, underlining his intention to stay at Liverpool for “a very long time.”

The controversial Uruguayan added another goal to his increasingly prolific season in Liverpool’s 2-2 draw with Arsenal on Wednesday evening, as the Reds continue to state their claim for a Champions League spot.

Although the forward has struggled to endear himself to fans of the opposition since his arrival on Merseyside on transfer deadline day two years ago, but the Anfield faithful remain firmly behind their cult hero.

“I hope [to be at Liverpool] for a very long time because it's a massive club that kids dream about playing for," Suarez told Liverpool’s official website.

"I've been very proud to be at a club like Liverpool and to have made the decision to come here.

"In two years I've lived through some spectacular and very special moments that I will never, ever forget.

The former Ajax man has been dogged by controversy ever since his arrival in England. Consistent complaints on diving and the race row with Manchester United’s Patrice Evra have been particularly damaging to the forward’s reputation, but Suarez himself believes the club he now feels home at will help him through anything.

"There have been a few difficult times as well, but with the support of my family, the club and the fans, things have gone well for me."

Suarez continued: "I do feel at home here. When I'm out and about, all I get is support and encouragement from the local people and that's very important and when I come here to the club I feel like people have known me all my life.

"I hope to be able to help out the team for as long as I possibly can while trying do something to make the club and the fans very happy."

No comments: