Sunday, February 03, 2013

Sturridge Hopes To Develop Telepathic Partnership With Suarez

Daniel Sturridge is pleased with the partnership he is beginning to build with Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and hope that, with practice, it will only improve.

Sturridge will make his 100th Premier League appearance on Sunday against former club Manchester City, six years to the day that he made his debut but is still determined to improve his game.

"It's early days but the signs are that we're playing well together," said Sturridge. "I'm sure that will continue.

"As you play with someone more regularly, you do things telepathically, you know where they're going to be and you start playing off the cuff."

"It's always a weight off your shoulders if you start quite well. It has been a good start," added Sturridge.

"I'm hard on myself and I like to do a lot better than I am doing," he said. "There's a lot more to come from me. I've been performing OK but this is a fraction of what I'm actually able to do. Hopefully I'll be able to show what I'm really capable of doing in the months and years to come, when I'm playing week in, week out and I'm fully fit."

No comments: