Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Liverpool Star Unhappy With Being Dropped

Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey feels that his poor performance against Stoke is the reason for his lack of recent first team appearances.

The Boxing Day fixture ended in a 3-1 loss for Liverpool at the Britannia Stadium, with Shelvey admitting that his performance was not up to scratch.

The midfielder now finds himself out-of-favour with manager Brendan Rogers having only made two FA Cup appearances for The Reds.

Sky Sports report that prior to the England Under-21 game against Sweden on Tuesday, Shelvey told the Independent: “I played against Stoke and obviously I didn’t have too great a game.

“I had a few personal issues that were going on in my life. I didn’t think I was the only one that had a bad game that day but I was the one that suffered, if you know what I mean.

“You just have to take it on the chin and work hard in training and try to get myself back in the team, which I’m trying to do.”

Prior to Christmas the youngster was held in high regard in the first team, making 14 appearances for Liverpool in the Premier League.

His performances for the club also warranted a place in the England senior squad in the World Cup qualifier against San Marino in October.

It will be a test of the player’s commitment and character as he attempts to break back into the first team at Anfield and recapture the form he had before his disappointing performance against Stoke.

No comments: