Sunday, February 10, 2013

Liverpool Defender Commits Future To Anfield

Martin Kelly has committed his future to Liverpool by signing a new long term contract at the club.

The 22-year-old, who is currently out of action after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury he suffered in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester United back in September, was delighted to extend his stay at the club he has supported from a young age.

"I'm delighted to sign. It means everything to me and my family,” Kelly told Liverpool’s official website. “I've been at Liverpool since I was seven, so it's in my heart and I love the club.

"When you play in the Liverpool shirt, you have to show the fans what it means. I just love playing and trying my hardest for the supporters and for my family."

The product of Liverpool’s academy has made 54 appearances for the Reds since making his debut against Lyon during Liverpool’s Champions League campaign back in October 2009.

The news of a young defender committing himself to a long term future at Anfield comes days after Jamie Carragher announced his decision to retire at the end of the season.

No comments: