Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ferdinand Backs Carragher To Enter Management

Manchester United defender has backed Liverpool’s Jamie Carragher as being the perfect candidate to enter management, following the 35-year-old’s announcement that he will retire at the end of the season.

Carragher released a statement earlier today announcing his decision to hang up his boots after over 700 appearances for the Reds since making his debut in 1997, immediately leading to individuals from the football universe heaping praise onto the 35-year-old, including the likes of Michael Owen, Gary Lineker and Robbie Fowler.

Ferdinand was quickly on the scene, tweeting, “Jamie Carragher has been a great servant to Lfc. Great player and top fella! Funny guy! Nutter when we were kids but management material now.”

Carragher brought an end to speculation surrounding his future at Anfield earlier today through a statement which read, "This will be my last season at Liverpool and my last as a professional footballer.

"I'm making this announcement now because I don't want the manager or the club to be answering questions on my future when I've already decided what I am going to do.

"I will be fully committed between now and the end of the season to doing the very best for Liverpool Football Club, as I've done my entire career since joining aged just nine-years-old.”

No comments: