Thursday, January 24, 2013

Liverpool Youngster Up For Starting Place Fight

The competition for places at Liverpool has increased after the signing on Daniel Sturridge coupled with Fabio Borini's return from injury and youngster Suso has said that he is ready to fight for his place in the staring XI.

However, Suso has not figured since the FA Cup third round win at Mansfield on 6th January and he has admitted that he will have to be at his best at training if he wants to get back into the side.

He told the official LFC website, "With Daniel Sturridge coming in and Fabio Borini back from injury there is going to be extra competition for places. Playing for Liverpool's first team is going to be difficult and it should be because it is one of the best teams in Europe.

"The competition is good for me because it makes me determined to work even harder and to get better. But the most important thing is always the team."

He added, "I'm really happy with the way this season has been going. I think I can still do better but it is my first year and I am getting experience with every game.

"The Premier League is really difficult and I am only 19 years old so I need to keep working to improve and try to learn from all the great players that we have here with lots of experience.

"The biggest thing is that you cannot fall asleep in this team. You always have to work hard every day and show the boss and everyone here that you are playing well. There are a lot of good players and not everyone can play every week but if you don't, the next week you need to show that you are doing well."

No comments: