Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Forren Snubbed Liverpool On Solskjaer's Advice

Former Manchester United hot shot Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was vital to ­Southampton new-boy Vegard Forren to snubbing a move to Anfield.

Forren was offered a trial by Reds boss Brendan Rodgers before completing a £4million move to Saints from Molde, where United legend Solskjaer is manager.

Defender Forren, 24, will make his Premier League bow at Old Trafford tomorrow, said, “I never came close to joining Liverpool because Southampton felt right for me.

“There was a lot of interest from the Premier League but after coming here and speaking with the chairman I really felt wanted.

“Ole was very supportive of the move and I spoke with him a lot before coming here. He really wanted me to take this opportunity.”

No comments: