Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Borini Wants To Put Sunday's Defeat Right Against Arsenal

Liverpool forward Fabio Borini wants to put Sunday's embarrassing FA Cup exit to Oldham behind him as the Reds travel to Arsenal on Wednesday night.

Borini had been sidelined for four months following an ankle injury and made his first start against the League One side but was withdrawn after just 55 minutes as Liverpool trailed 3-1.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers criticized his younger players after defeat and one of those could have been Borini, who wants to put the result right in the coming games.

He told media in Italy, "Physically, I am now at 100 per cent.

"On Sunday, it went wrong but now we have so many big games and opportunities to put it right."

After Liverpool this summer became Borini's fourth club in just three years as a senior professional, he is also now planning for a long career at Anfield.

"Roma is my past," the £10.5million signing said. "My present is Liverpool. If I am here, it is because Roma decided to sell me to Liverpool.

"In the last two years, I have changed many teams. Now I want to find stability at Liverpool".

No comments: