Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coutinho Hails Liverpool’s History

Philippe Coutinho has paid tribute to Liverpool and their rich history after completing his £8.5million move to Anfield from Inter Milan.

The 20-year-old play-maker, who has signed a five-year-deal contract after completing a medical, moves to the Reds after turning down a switch to Southampton.

And according to Coutinho, it’s Liverpool’s history that made the transfer a no-brainer.

‘Liverpool is a great club with great players,’ said Coutinho.

‘We’ve always heard about Liverpool’s history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football.’

The switch comes about after Liverpool finally agreed terms with Inter over the weekend, having initially fallen behind to Southampton in the race.

Liverpool will pay the full price up front, and Coutinho says he is delighted after signing up and being handed the number 10 shirt.

‘I’m feeling very happy, it’s a very important step in my career and I’m expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch.’

No comments: