Thursday, January 17, 2013

Borini Vows To Prove Worth To Liverpool Fans

Fabio Borini has vowed to prove himself to Liverpool fans following his return from injury.

The £10.5 million summer signing from Roma, who was a member of Italy’s Euro 2012 squad, struggled to make an impact to the Reds prior to breaking a bone in his foot three months ago, and is yet to score in the Premier League for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

However, after making his comeback as a second-half substitute in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United on Sunday and the Italian hopes he can finally display his best form for the Reds

"My Liverpool career is actually starting now, I think,” Borini told the club’s official website. “I'd only played five league games and six or seven games in the Europa League [before the injury], which is not a lot.

"It really starts now with great intensity week in, week out to get playing again."

The Italian revealed his delight at making his return from injury at the weekend, and is now hoping his injury problems can remain just a thing of the past.

"It's great to be back at Liverpool. It was good to come back, especially in a big game and play 30 minutes as we tried our best to get a draw," he said.

"When I was stood on the touchline, I felt good. All the memories of the last three months and the things I've been through went from my mind.

"I put all my worries and the bad things about the injury behind me, and looked forward to all the positive things on the pitch.”

"It was extremely frustrating because in the last three years I have got injured for three months every year in October.

"I haven't played a full season yet because of those injuries, but I hope they'll stop [now]. It's just been bad luck and nothing about me. They've been different injuries each time and not the same."

No comments: