Thursday, December 27, 2012

Liverpool & Tottenham Target Happy In Ligue 1

Liverpool and Tottenham target Michel Bastos claims he would be happy to see out the season at Lyon, rather than secure a switch elsewhere in January, reports Sky Sports.

The 29-year-old winger was heavily linked with a move away from France during the summer, and came close to a transfer to the Middle East, before the deal broke down at the last minute.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has been credited with an interest in the Brazilian international's signature, as has Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, who is also looking to strengthen his attack.

However, Bastos' prospective arrival at either White Hart Lane or Anfield has been dealt a significant blow, after the player expressed his desire to remain in Ligue 1.

"I don't want to leave now, I want to stay," he told L'Equipe. "During the winter break I will not go back to Brazil, I will stay at Lyon to work with the fitness coach.

"In a transfer both parties have to agree. If I see that it is not good for me, I will not leave."

Despite continued speculation linking Bastos with the Premier League, with Newcastle United joining Liverpool and Tottenham on the list of clubs believed to be monitoring his situation, the South American star has revealed a significant change in mood, compared to his stance back in August.

"At the start of the season I did ask to leave, but things have changed," he continued.

"In the summer I wasn't disappointed not to go to Dubai. On a sporting level I would have lost a lot. I know I can still bring a lot to Lyon."

No comments: