Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cole Not Looking For January Move

Joe Cole has indicated that he is not looking to leave Liverpool in the January transfer window, insisting that he wants to fight for a first team place at Anfield.

The former West Ham Ham and Chelsea attacker has been linked with a number of moves away after a relatively poor first half of the season, most notably with a chance to reunite with Harry Redknapp at Queens Park Rangers. But after finding the back of net in his last two games against Young Boys and the Hammers, Cole has underlined his desire to claim a role in Brendan Rodgers’ first team.

"All I'm doing is giving my all in training every day, and trying to keep my place in the squad when we play Villa. That's all I can do,” Cole told the Daily Mirror.

"It has been difficult recently but I have scored in my last two appearances and I want to keep the sequence going if I can. And when I'm called upon, I will do the best job I can."

Cole has made a paltry eight appearances for the Reds this season, with only half of those coming from a starting position in the team and none of them coming in the Premier League. Fresh reports this morning suggested that Liverpool had made significant steps in their pursuit of Chelsea’s Daniel Strurridge and Blackpool starlet Tom Ince, who have been touted as replacements for Cole and the similarly underwhelming Stewart Downing.

No comments: