Friday, November 30, 2012

Harry Redknapp Flirting With Joe Cole Enquiry

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has called Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole a top player but insists that he has not made an enquiry for him yet.

Redknapp bought Cole through the youth system into the first team at West Ham and now as he looks to save West London club Queens Park Ranger from relegation he has praised the former Chelsea man but says that he has not made enquiries about any potential transfers.

"I like Joe, I had him as an 11-year-old," Redknapp told reporters.

"The talent is there and I think there's still a top player in there. I haven't made any enquiries yet - I haven't made any enquiries for anyone."

The QPR boss has also been linked with Marseille striker Loic Remy, who was close to joining Tottenham during Redknapp's reign at White Hart Lane.

But despite the speculation, the 65-year-old has reiterated that the side's current objectives are to turn performances around.

He added, "I was interested in Remy but that was then. It's a different situation now. He would be expensive. It depends on where we are in January.

"I've never discussed players with anyone. Here we are, we need to win matches now. January is way off."

No comments: