Saturday, November 10, 2012

Coady Eager After Dream Debut

Conor Coady says he fulfilled a childhood dream when making his Liverpool debut against Anzhi Makhachkala on Thursday night, and now wants a taste of the action more regularly.

The 19-year-old became the latest young talent to experience first-team football under Brendan Rodgers, starting in a central midfield role for the Europa League Group A fixture.

While the local lad described the occasion as 'really special', a maiden appearance has merely inspired the youngster to grab himself further opportunities in the starting XI.

"It was fantastic and I enjoyed every minute of it," Coady explained to the Liverpool Echo. "It was a big night for me and my family. It's every boy's dream to play for Liverpool.

"You have to be patient, bide your time and work hard in training. I've waited a long time for this day and it was really special to get out there and play.

"I put my all into it and I was made up to make my debut. I was happy with the way I played and I thought all the boys did well. Hopefully it's the first appearance of many for me."

The Reds were unfortunate in slipping to a 1-0 defeat by Anzhi in Moscow, conceding as the first half concluded, and Coady fully expects the team to bounce back.

The No.35 continued: "I thought we were a bit unlucky not to get anything from the game.

"It was a mistake for their goal and we were gutted to concede just before half-time. We sat in there, competed with them and I thought we were fantastic tactically.

"As a young lad you want to play against the best players in the world and to come up against [Samuel] Eto'o was great.

"He's still up there with the best - a class act. We're just disappointed not to get a result, but we will bounce back from this and become better.

"It's fantastic to play under Brendan. He has given a lot of us young lads games this season and it's great he has shown that faith."

No comments: