Saturday, October 20, 2012

Suso Signs New Anfield Contract

Spanish playmaker Suso has pledged his future to Liverpool by signing a new contract, which the Anfield club describes as "long-term".

Suso, who signed from hometown club Cadiz in 2010, has impressed in the early weeks of the season.

"I am really happy," the 18-year-old told the club website. "Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is the right place for me.

"I had no questions about signing and I am really glad to have done so."

The midfielder added: "I am happy Brendan [Rodgers, manager] has shown trust in me.

"I am comfortable here. I have played some games for the first team and I hope to continue doing that, but I need to work hard every day for that to happen. This is one of the best days of my life."

The Spain Under-19 international made his first-team debut in September's Europa League victory over Young Boys and made his first Premier League start nine days later.

With surgery on a fractured foot ruling out forward Fabio Borini for up to three months, Suso is expected to get many more first-team opportunities.

"At 18, he has demonstrated outstanding technical qualities but also shown very good temperament to play for such a prestigious club," explained Rodgers.

"His commitment is very good news for all our young academy players and the excellent work by the academy coaches and staff."

No comments: