Sunday, October 07, 2012

Henderson To Fight For Liverpool Future

Jordan Henderson has set his stall out to turn his career round at Liverpool.

The midfielder was one of a glut of big-money signings for the Reds last year, but his first season at Anfield did not turn out as he had envisaged. His form was patchy and he struggled to win over the Liverpool faithful.

His future was cast into doubt, but the arrival of Brendan Rodgers as manager saw the deck swept clean. Rodgers has brought in Joe Allen, while Joe Cole has returned from a loan spell in France, which has increased competition - but Henderson feels he has already improved under the new Liverpool boss and is ready to take his chance.

"I love playing for Liverpool, it is a real passion of mine," Henderson told Sky Sports News.

"When I put the shirt on it is a real honour to go out and play for Liverpool so I want to do that for the rest of my career.

"I will keep fighting and I have belief in my own ability that I can be a success here."

Henderson is happy with the arrival of Rodgers and feels he is already reaping the benefit.

He said: "I have got a good relationship with the manager; I think everybody has, and I feel he has improved my game since he came to the club.

"I think I have got that bit more confidence in my ability and I think you can see that in my performances."

No comments: