Sunday, October 28, 2012

Assaidi Pleased With Progress

Oussama Assaidi believes he is improving all the time and hopes to be given further opportunities to impress at Liverpool.

The 24-year-old summer signing from Heerenveen made his sixth appearance of the season on Thursday as Brendan Rodgers' side edged out Anzhi Makhachkala in the UEFA Europa League.

He produced what was easily his best performance to date against the Russian outfit and hopes that he can now kick on after adjusting to the demands of life in England.

"I am very happy. We played very well and got the win," Assaidi told Liverpool's official website.

"Anzhi are a difficult side, but we did well and everyone is very happy.

"It was an important win to go top of the group. We did a good job and I'm delighted.

"I think I played well. I should have scored a goal, but I missed. I played the 90 minutes and I am very happy to do that and to have been given a chance by the coach.

"I think I am improving. Every day I am getting better and better. I am getting more physical and fitter and fitter. I'm delighted to be a part of this big club."

No comments: