Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sahin With An Eye On Turkey Spot

Nuri Sahin has vowed to win a regular place in Liverpool's midfield and boost his chances of getting back into the Turkey starting line-up.

Sahin, 24, has made two starts for Brendan Rodgers' side since arriving on a season's loan from Real Madrid.

The midfielder is looking to rebuild his career at Anfield after a knee injury interrupted his progress in Spain last season.

The midfielder, who won the Bundesliga title with Borussia Dortmund two seasons ago before moving to Madrid, has fallen down the pecking order with his national team.

He was restricted to substitute appearances in Turkey's World Cup qualifiers against Netherlands and Estonia, but hopes that making an impression at Anfield will convince coach Abdullah Avci to give him a greater role in the Turkey side.

"First of all, I'll give everything to have a successful season at Liverpool and to play as many games as possible," Sahin told FIFA.com.

"Recently I've experienced how quickly an injury can set you back. And of course, I want to be in the starting 11 for Turkey. That's my main aim and I think I'm close to achieving it."

No comments: