Friday, August 17, 2012

Cole Back In Training

Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole is happy with his fitness after returning to training following an injury sustained in the Europa League clash with Gomel.

Cole picked up a hamstring problem in the first leg of the qualifying round tie earlier this month and had to be withdrawn midway through the first half as a precaution.

But he has now given Brendan Rodgers a boost by coming back to train with the rest of the squad and, having only missed a fortnight, he is feeling good once again.

The 30-year-old is looking to play as regularly as possible for the Reds after working hard over the summer to get himself in shape.

"I trained on Thursday for the first time after the injury and it feels good," Cole told the club's official website.

"It's good to be back around the squad and available for selection again. I've only missed two weeks, so I feel good fitness-wise as we had a good long pre-season and I just need some games now.

"It was frustrating having to come off in the first game of the season but that's one of those things you have to deal with as a footballer.

"There's never a good time to get injured but luckily it wasn't a major thing and I'm back now raring to go and raring to be part of the team.

"I've had a good pre-season. I've trained really well and the training was really intense. I really enjoyed the games we played in and playing at Fenway Park was great. I enjoyed the pre-season.

"It does what it says on the tin - it gets you fit and that's the main thing."

No comments: