Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Robinson Glad To Be Back

Jack Robinson is hoping to put his injury problems behind him and impress new manager Brendan Rodgers.

The Liverpool left-back became the club's youngest ever player when he came on against Hull City as a 16-year-old in May 2010.

Rafa Benitez was the manager in charge then but Robinson has since seen Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish come and go before the appointment of Rodgers earlier this summer.

The England Under 19 international has spent much of the intervening period on the sidelines and was forced to sit out most of last season after featuring in the League Cup in the autumn.

Robinson is now targeting more involvement in the first-team as he looks to challenge Jose Enrique for a place in the side.

"It's great to be back playing after what happened last season," he told the Liverpool Echo.

"I started off quite well and I was getting on the bench for the first team but then the injury came and that kept me out for four months.

"I had to have an operation on my foot because I had a piece of bone floating around. They took that out and put me in a cast.

"I got back training and was doing okay but then I hurt my groin which really set me back.

"It was difficult and I hardly got to play at all last season. But now I'm back part of it under the new manager and it's just unbelievable to be part of this squad.

"Growing up as a kid this is what I wanted and now I'm in it I don't want to leave it."

No comments: