Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dirk Kuyt Frustrated With Life Under Kenny Dalglish

Dirk Kuyt has admitted that he has been unhappy with life at Liverpool under Kenny Dalglish this season and has hinted that there are a number of clubs interested in his services.

The Holland international has struggled to become a first team regular under Dalglish despite being in superb form last season and ending the campaign with 13 Premier League goals.

However, after the arrival of Jordan Henderson, Kuyt has struggled to hold down a regular place in his usual slot on the right hand side of midfielder, while Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez and Craig Bellamy are preferred up top.

“Under this manager I don’t have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week," Kuyt told The Sun.

“I’m under no illusion about playing every week. But I believe I am still good enough to play for Liverpool every week. My physical stats are better than ever before.

“Last season I was scoring goals all over the place. But this season the manager bought three players who all played in my position. In the rotation system he used, I never found my rhythm again and never felt my old self.

“Deep in my heart I’d love to stay at Liverpool so I could have full revenge on everyone in my final season at the club.”

Kuyt still made 22 appearances in the Premier League last season but he did find himself in and out of the side and there have been suggestions that others clubs are interested in gaining his signature.

“Clubs from real big leagues are knocking on the door," added Kuyt. “I’ve turned down an offer from my old club Feyenoord for financial reasons. I’d have to take an 80% wage cut.”

Kuyt is likely to travel to Euro 2012 as part of the Holland squad and there are sure to be plenty of suitors for a player with vast experience both domestically and in European competition.

No comments: