Sunday, April 15, 2012

Carragher Rules Out Reds Exit

Jamie Carragher has ruled out leaving Liverpool this summer despite losing his place in the starting line-up.

The Reds stalwart has found himself no longer first-choice in central defence this season with Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger establishing themselves as regulars in Kenny Dalglish's side.

Carragher accepts his place is no longer guaranteed in the side, but he is ready to play his part when called upon.

The 34-year-old insists he will not consider moving on at the end of the season despite his lack of regular first-team action.

Carragher is sweating on his own starting place with Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson fit again.

"I know I am not first-choice but if people get knocks or suspensions I am there to come in and help and do as well as I can. I would never think about moving on in the summer, no, no," Carragher told the Daily Telegraph.

No comments: