Friday, December 23, 2011

Mesut Ozil Refuses To Comment On Liverpool Link

Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil is remaining tight-lipped on reports linking him with a move to Liverpool, insisting that he is happy at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The 23-year-old has adapted well to life in La Liga since arriving from Werder Bremen in August 2010 but, despite being a first-team regular, he rarely plays 90 minutes under coach Jose Mourinho.

That has prompted speculation that he might be open to a move to Liverpool, who are reportedly interested in adding some more creativity to their midfield, but Ozil has resisted the opportunity to add any fuel to the fire.

"I play in Madrid and I am very happy there," the Germany international is quoted as saying by DHA. "I do not want to say anything else."

Ozil did admit, however, that he is currently enjoying the fact that he gets to play alongside Turkish duo Hamit Altintop and Nuri Sahin, formerly of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, respectively.

"We are very good friends," he revealed. "I already knew them from Germany. Now they are playing with me in Madrid.

“I am very glad to be playing in the same team as them. Nuri also scored his first goal [against Ponferradina on Tuesday night], I'm so glad."

No comments: