Thursday, December 15, 2011

Liverpool's Lucas Hopes Dashed

Liverpool's hopes of signing Brazilian youngster Lucas have been dashed after he revealed he is scared of leaving his country for Europe.

The midfielder is under contract with Sao Paulo until 2015 and is valued at around £30m, with Liverpool among a string of admirers from across Europe.

Manchester United, AC Milan and Barcelona have all tracked his progress but Lucas believes he is better off staying put for now.

"I'm only 19, I'm still young and I'm scared of not being able to adapt to life abroad. I hope that this'll change some day," said Lucas, who has 10 caps for Brazil.

He added: "I'm working up a great relationship with the Sao Paulo fans. The worst aspect of being a footballer is not being able to see my childhood friends, who I miss very much."

No comments: