Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Liverpool Midfield Star Wants Permanent Move Next Summer

Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole has confirmed that he would like to make his loan move a permanent one at the end of the season after a terrific first half of the year in Ligue 1.

Cole made the move to Lille at the start of the season after falling out of favour with Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish and has found a new lease of life in France.

Cole has been a regular starter under manager Rudi Garcia and has revealed that he would be more than happy to extend his stay at Lille past the end of the season.

"Right now, I'm really happy at Lille," Cole told Sky Sports News. "I'm playing, and I'm playing well, so basically everything's on track. If things continue like this, it would make sense for me to stay at Lille.

"In footballing terms, things are going really well, especially given the fact that I didn't play much for Liverpool last season. I've started off well here and I'm going to keep getting better and better."

The former Chelsea man has made 15 league appearances for Lille, scoring three goals and also forming a superb partnership with star midfielder Eden Hazard.

Lille currently sit just four points behind big spending league leaders Paris Saint Germain and will hope to once again push for the league title and a place in the Champions League.

No comments: