Friday, November 25, 2011

Wilson Craving Carling Cup Chance

Liverpool defender Danny Wilson is hoping he's done enough to earn a starting spot for the Reds against Chelsea in the Carling Cup.

Despite having fielded his strongest side in the competition, Dalglish is set to name a weakened side for the trip to Stamford Bridge with the club's league game with Manchester City just 48 hours before.

Wilson featured for the reserves on Tuesday, with the 19-year-old hoping to add to his single appearance this season.

"Chelsea will be an important game," he confirmed. "All I can do is try to impress Kenny Dalglish in training and for the reserves.

"If it is enough, it is enough. If not then I'll just have to try harder.

"It is important for me to get a chance for the reserves. I just need to put a performance in and try to impress, but more importantly it gives me a chance to work on my fitness."

Wilson mentioned on a number of occasions earlier in the year that he would fancy a loan move away from Anfield so to improve his international prospects, which last saw him turn out for his country in September.

No comments: