Friday, November 25, 2011

Liverpool Samba Starlet Target Can't Decide Future

Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho insists he would be happy to stay at Inter Milan, despite transfer speculation linking him with a move to Liverpool.

Reports in the British media claims Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is a keen admirer of the 19-year-old, with the club holding a long-standing interest in the player from Rafael Benitez's reign at Anfield.

Instead, the former Liverpool boss took Coutinho to the San Siro following his departure from Merseyside and arrival in Italy, and it's something the teenager is grateful for.

However, he admits that the future remains uncertain, and whilst he would like to stay with his current Serie 'A' side 'forever', he doesn't know what around the corner.

"The transfer rumours? I can't decide the future by myself. If it was up to me I would stay forever in an Inter shirt," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"I am grateful to Benitez, he gave me new positions and many chances. Ranieri is telling me to remain calm and to do in the game the same things I am doing in training.

"I feel a lot of energy and if he asks me to play I will be ready."

Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli is a reported admirer of the teenager, with the Frenchman taking a personal look at the player on international duty against Scotland back in May.

It's thought that club scouts have since kept tabs on the former Vasco de Gama starlet, with Liverpool interested in adding the player to their growing crop of young talent at the club.

Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson were drafted in for huge figures in January and the summer respectively, and Kenny Dalglish is expected to spend big again in the New Year with the backing of owners FSG.

The club also has quality youngsters progressing through the academy, and Coutinho would add the exciting future currently being built at Liverpool under 'King Kenny'.

No comments: