Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sama: We Spur Each Other On

Stephen Sama is hopeful his partnership with Andre Wisdom will drive the duo towards their goal of making an impact on Liverpool's long-term future.

The Germany U19 international believes the pair are developing a strong understanding at reserve team level and admits they push each other to keep improving on a daily basis.

Sama told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Andre is a very funny guy. We spend a lot of time together. When I first arrived I found it hard to understand him because my English wasn't so great.

"But he has helped me so much and now we are working well together throughout each game we play at the heart of the defence. I think we have a good partnership and hopefully we can keep progressing to give the club options as centre backs in the future.

"I've been to Melwood and seen how the first-team train a few times now. You try to pick up as much as you possibly can from those guys because they are at the level we are all hoping to reach.

"I make sure I work each day so that I can one day have the chance to return there and show the boss I can be good for Liverpool."

No comments: