Saturday, November 12, 2011

Aurelio Eager To Force His Way Into Liverpool FC Team

Fabio Aurelio is on a mission to force his way back into Kenny Dalglish’s plans.

The Brazilian left-back hasn’t featured for Liverpool so far this season due to his injury problems and the excellent form of new recruit Jose Enrique.

Aurelio, who has only made the Reds’ matchday squad on one occasion, was an unused substitute for last month’s Carling Cup tie at Stoke City.

“I feel strong but when you don’t have many minutes on the pitch then match fitness is not the same,” he said.

“I’ve been available more or less since the Man United game. I’ve been training and waiting for the opportunity to have minutes on the pitch.

“When you’re at a big club you have to be ready to take the opportunity.

“It’s in Kenny’s hands whether he decides if he wants to use me or not but my desire is to always be available.”

Injuries have restricted the 32-year-old to 131 appearances since joining Liverpool in 2006 but the defender says his faith has helped keep his spirits up during some dark days.

“It’s not easy to stay positive as I have a history of injuries and lots of problems,” Aurelio added.

“With time you get a bit frustrated as well. Sometimes it puts you down a little bit.

“Being a Christian helps me a lot to go through it and the support of my family has been very important for me.

“Every time I come back I feel like I’m able to do it again, which encourages me to keep fighting and keep looking for what I want, which is to keep playing matches and enjoying football.”

No comments: