Saturday, October 08, 2011

Ogbonna Plays Down Reds Link

Torino defender Angelo Ogbonna has admitted he is flattered by the stories linking him with a move to Premier League club Liverpool.

The 23-year-old is of Nigerian descent, but has represented the Italy at Under-21 level and has gained glowing reports for his outstanding displays for the Serie B team.

Newspapers in Italy have reported on interest from Juventus, however, it is the speculation of a move to Anfield which seems to have most enthused the €10million-rated defender.

He told skysports.com: "I am flattered by the interest from clubs, but I will continue to work hard for Torino in Serie B.

"Liverpool is a dream club. If they are interested in me, that is awesome. I love the Premier League and one day I might play in that league.

"We all know that it is fantastic league."

No comments: