Saturday, October 08, 2011

Johnson Eyes United Return

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has set his sights on returning to action in next weekend's clash with Manchester United.

Johnson has seen his season blighted by injury this term with his only appearance coming as a substitute in the defeat at Stoke last month.

To compound Johnson's misery he suffered a hamstring injury in that game and has not featured since.

Johnson is back in training and he is hopeful of being available for the visit of United to Anfield on 15th October.

"I'm feeling good at the moment and I've been doing plenty of running," Johnson told the club's official website.

"I've just started doing ball work outside in training so I reckon it won't be too long now.

"I'm working hard and it would be nice to be back in the squad for the Man United game. Hopefully I can make the bench anyway, so fingers crossed."

No comments: