Friday, October 28, 2011

Liverpool Alerted To Wantaway Munich Striker

Liverpool has been alerted to Bayern Munich striker Ivica Olic, who has voiced his dissatisfaction at being left on the sidelines.

The Croatian, who had been linked with a surprise move to Liverpool over the summer has re-emerged as a target, after revealing to Goal.com his desire to leave the club if he remains on the substitute's bench.

Olic, who missed most of last season with a knee injury, has found himself fourth choice striker, behind Mario Gomez, Nils Petersen and Thomas Muller.

Speaking after Bayern's 6-0 victory over Ingolstadt, in which he was used as a second half substitute, Olic said: "With each workout I feel a little bit better.

"But I was disappointed that I could not play from the beginning. In the end I was happy to come on for a half hour.

"I always hope that I will play. I was injured a long time, maybe I need to have more patience. Nevertheless, I feel well and I've always said that I would not be happy if I did not play. And I will say it again now.

"When I see that I am no longer being given playing time, then I have to think about a change.

"I've always said that I will not be happy if I'm sitting on the bench during the winter of my career. If I cannot play here, then I will try to elsewhere."

Liverpool currently have four strikers on their books, but with Dirk Kuyt often used as a midfielder and Andy Carroll misfiring, Olic would find more first team opportunities at Anfield than the Allianz Arena.

No comments: