Thursday, October 27, 2011

'It's A Dream To Be Here'

Liverpool's Chinese trialists have spoken of their great pride at showcasing their talent with one of the world's biggest clubs.

Long Chen, 16, and Chen Xiao Mao, 14, are in the final hours of their week-long spell in Kirkby having made a good impression with the youth-base's coaching staff.

The midfield pair has lived every young boy's dream over the course of the past seven days, as well as enjoying the unique Anfield atmosphere at the Reds' Barclays Premier League clash with Norwich City.

It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and one they will both cherish forever - regardless of whether the club decide to help shape their future.

Long said: "This is the first time I have had the opportunity to come and learn about football in one of the world's best footballing countries. I will treasure my time here a great deal.

"Obviously, everyone back home is excited about my opportunity. It is great for a player like myself to have the chance to improve in this situation. During this trial I've learned a lot, however, what has impressed me the most is that everything done here is very professional.

"Everyone has been very friendly, warm and welcoming to us.

"If I can remain in Liverpool's plans for the future it will be my life's most important turning point."

Long's words were echoed by Chen, who feels he gave a good account of himself despite the issue of the language barrier.

He said: "The time we have been at Liverpool has not been long but everything has been wonderful. I have to say my deepest impression was watching the first team play. The atmosphere was incredible.

"My confidence at the beginning of the trial was perhaps lacking a bit but I think it is getting better and I now feel I can make an impact.

"We don't speak much English but we have used hand gestures to communicate. We have watched what is being done in the training drills and copied it. Overall it has been an incredible experience for both of us.

No comments: