Friday, September 09, 2011

Suarez Clashes With Dalglish Over Fitness

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has told boss Kenny Dalglish that he does not want a rest - despite only having a week off during pre-season.

Having starred in Uruguay's run to the semi-finals of the 2010 World Cup, Suarez was a regular for both Liverpool and former club Ajax last season. He went on to fire his country to the Copa America title in July - being named Player of the Tournament in the process - to complete a hectic 12 months.

Dalglish named him in the starting XI for Liverpool's first game of the season, before benching him for the next match, away to Arsenal - a snub that frustrated Suarez.

"I want to play in all the games I can for Liverpool," he said in the Mirror. "I don't want any rest at all. Despite only having that week's training before playing again, I'm only 24 so I felt good. I was glad to get back to training at Melwood as I had been missing that whole atmosphere around the training ground and wanted to get back to playing at Anfield."

No comments: