Friday, September 09, 2011

Cole Ready To Shine Again

Joe Cole is ready to immerse himself in French football and claims he is looking forward to taking on a new challenge at Lille.

The midfielder secured a loan switch to the reigning Ligue 1 champions during the summer transfer window, having been deemed surplus to requirements at Liverpool.

The 29-year-old had plenty of offers to stay in England, allowing him to remain in the Premier League, but he has opted to broaden his horizons in foreign climes.

Cole said: "I'll be throwing everything into it. For me as a person, if I go and do something, I do it properly. I'll be moving here lock, stock and barrel."

The former West Ham and Chelsea playmaker has only penned a season-long deal at Lille, but he insists he will be learning the language.

He added: "There’s a few who speak perfect English but I'm going to try and throw myself into it and learn the language."

Cole endured a troubled 2010/11 campaign at Anfield, as he struggled to hold down a regular role, but he believes it will not take him long to get back to his best.

He said: "I'm looking forward to it. I've only played one 90 minutes in nine months. I've done a full pre-season but to get to your best, you need games.

"I'm ready to go. If the manager lets me off the leash I'm ready. I just need a run of five or ten games and I'll be back to my best. I know I made the right choice and I'm happy."

Cole is also refusing to give up on his international ambitions, despite finding himself frozen out of the England picture under Fabio Capello.

Asked if he would welcome a recall, he said: "Of course. I played over 56 times for England. I've loved every minute of it. I would love to be back involved. It's hard to see the lads out there and not be part of it."

No comments: