Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pulis In Penalty Admission

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has admitted Liverpool should have been awarded a penalty in their win over the Reds.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish was left fuming with a number of decisions that went against his side at the Britannia Stadium and is considering making a formal complaint to manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Board Mike Riley about the standard of refereeing.

The Reds had two claims for penalties for handball against Rory Delap and Matthew Upson turned down by referee Mark Clattenburg, while Dalglish felt the penalty awarded to Stoke was dubious.

After reviewing some of the incidents, Pulis has conceded Delap's handball in the first half was a definite penalty for the visitors.

"I think Rory's was a definite penalty looking at it," Pulis told Sky Sports News. "On the day from where I was I thought it wasn't, but Rory's was a definite penalty.

"Matthew Upson's comes off his thigh onto his hand and I don't think it is a penalty.

"I can see why he's given the penalty against Jamie [Carragher]. Jon's actually got the wrong side of him defensively and Jamie has pulled him back and whether he pulls him back or doesn't pull him back he is trying to get round him and has his arm around his waist so I can see why the penalty was given.

"Kenny's got to do what he has got to do and I am not going to tell Kenny what to do or I am not going to tell Liverpool Football Clubwhat to do, they have to do what they have to do.

"I spoke to Mike Riley last year on a couple of occasions and Mike was first class.

"We have a procedure to go through and I am sure Kenny will go through the same procedure."

No comments: