Sunday, September 04, 2011

Downing: England Looking Good After Victory Over Bulgaria

Stewart Downing believes that the future is bright for England, based on the performance put in by the team against Bulgaria.

The Three Lions travelled to Sofia and eased past their opponents by carving out a 3-0 victory, with the left-winger putting in a strong performance on the day.

The 27-year-old also admitted that his summer switch from Aston Villa to Liverpool and the chance to work under manager Kenny Dalglish could only improve him as a player.

"I feel that I am an England player and my aim always must be to start games at this level," Downing said, according to The Sunday Mirror.

"I have joined a terrific club. I am really enjoying myself at Liverpool and playing under a great manager like Kenny Dalglish can only help me get even better.

"It’s been a good start to the season – both with Liverpool and now England.

"There is a good mixture of youth and experience in this England side and the signs are good for the future after what we did in Bulgaria."

No comments: