Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Poulsen Ready To Fight

Christian Poulsen has dismissed speculation that he will leave Liverpool and insists he sees his future at the club.

Kenny Dalglish has increased his midfield options with the signing of Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson this summer.

These new recruits will augment a squad already bulging with midfielders in Lucas, Steven Gerrard and Jay Spearing.

Indeed, Dalglish's transfer business has prompted talk that the Denmark international would be sacrificed to balance the books.

But the 30-year-old, who has two years left on his contract, is in no hurry to leave Anfield.

"I have been really happy and I want to play, that's my goal for the future," Poulsen said.

"I am happy there with my family, it's a good club and they treat me really well. I hope I can change my situation and play more.

"I haven't heard anything from Liverpool; I am trying to be fit for the new season. So I think they want me at the club and I am happy to be there and unless they tell me something different, I am a Liverpool player for the coming season."

No comments: