Tuesday, August 09, 2011

New Midfielders Will Give Liverpool Great Options – Martin Skrtel

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel is happy with the signings made by manager Kenny Dalglish and believes they will make the team stronger next season.

Skrtel has been impressed by what he has seen of new boys Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing so far.

"I must admit these players give us great options," the Slovakian told the club's official website.

"I remember Stewart from when I was playing against him a couple of years ago. I was at right-back and he was giving me a really hard time.

"He played really well that day so I am sure his crosses and speed will be very useful for our team.

"Charlie had a great individual season with Blackpool and I am really happy he is here.

"You could see his team depended a lot on him and he made a big difference. Jordan is still very young but he played for England so this says a lot about him."

No comments: